Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Brick!


How could I resist a photo-op with the world's largest brick?

The brick, AKA “Baby Clay” is constructed with clay from Acme Brick Co.'s 23 brick plants. The brick is 116 inches long (9’ 8”), representing the 116 years Acme has been in business. The brick weighing about 5 tons is nearly 3,000 times the size of a standard brick. Baby Clay is the fifth attempt to create the world's largest brick.

And yes, Z-Man is "The Best Thing To Have aournd Your House."

4 comments:

Michael said...

I'm so jealous! Not about the brick, but that you are outside wearing a jacket. If I went out in a jacket I'd probably die of a heat stroke. Although we did have a "cold front" blow through Monday. It was a frigid high of 70-some-odd degrees and the parkas were flying out of people's closets.

Neemah said...

you should try to submit this to Celebrate or some other grip and grin mag.

Robbie Hammer said...

Nothin personal,but I'd rather have the brick around my house.

Andy Shupe said...

I would love to have a photo of Stefan Welsh sitting on that brick, what with all of the bricks he puts up.