Friday, May 02, 2008

Almost Famous!

We had some pretty bad storms in Northwest Arkansas last night. This morning I went to a mobile home park in Siloam Springs where a 15-year-old girl was killed when a tree fell on her bed. When I got back to work I was asked to put a photo on the AP wire.


I didn't think much about it when I put it up but the picture was picked-up by most of the national news outlets, including...

USA Today


CNN


FOX News


MSNBC


and AOL



Of course, being the company man that I am I saved the best photos for the Morning News



I am glad my photo traveled around the country and the world but part of me wishes it was a picture of a Razorback game or a victory party or just some pretty photo of kids doing something fun and not a photo of the worst day of a families life.

2 comments:

ivester said...

Well, aren't you special.

In all seriousness, great work, Z-Man. Tough photos to shoot, but done well.

Michael said...

Wow, you really get around. Nice work.