Monday, July 27, 2009

SDC!


My buddy Don recently wrote about a trip he and his family took to Branson, MO and Silver Dollar City.

Back in the early 80's my family did the same thing. I don't remember a giant banjo or Butterfly Palace like what Don saw on his trip but we did do country music shows and the Silver Dollar City thing.

One of my favorite things at Silver Dollar City, other than Fire in the Hole and the Log Ride, was the old time family photo.

In the TinType photo above you see me (center) mom and dad on the left and grandma and grandpa on the right.

Here's one from another trip, from left, Greg, Barbara and Mark Friedman (family friends), mom, dad and me again.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Don said...

Classic family fun. I especially like in the last photo how y'all captured the spirit of the old tyme tintypes by adopting the dead-eyed stare the old-timers invariably displayed.

BTW, I hadn't been to SDC in about 15 years and it has really added the amusement park attractions. There are several roller coasters now in addition to the Fire in the Hole. But I found it an odd place in 1994 and it remains odd to me.

Marc F. Henning said...

i hear banjos. :)

FIRE IN THE HOOOOOLE!