Friday, April 11, 2008

Naturals!


The Northwest Arkansas Naturals had their inaugural home opener against San Antonio at Arvest Ballpark in Springdale last night. Most of the month it has been rainy and it was pouring rain until about 9 a.m. Thursday morning. I thought the game would be a rainout but by an act of God the rain stopped, the sun came out, the skies cleared and the weather was windy but beautiful for the first pitch.

I had decided long ago to do a time lapse movie of the opening game. You may have seen my time laspe experiment of a Razorback game on an earlier post.

Marc F. Henning snapped this pic of me admiring the time lapse rig.


The end product is over eight hours of time and 720 still photographs are presented in a two minute time lapse movie. You can view it here if you like.


Enjoy!

5 comments:

Michael said...

Cool time lapse.

I guess I could do the math (eight hours by 720 frames...ugh, too lazy), but what did you set your interval at? Did you just leave your exposure on auto?

Marc F. Henning said...

You Rock Z-Man!

ivester said...

Time lapse looked really cool, Z-Man.

Neemah said...

Cool. Did you shoot manual and adjust the exposure when the field was fully covered in shadows?

Now you know you're going to have to do a time lapse for football.

Unknown said...

I liked this time frame of the Naturals better than the basketball game, you get to see more "action detail" that way....

I do agree with Neemah, you gotta do a time frame at a football game!

good stuff all the way!