Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Vacaciones!


Sorry for the long time between posts but I have been on vacation.
That’s right, I just back from a weeks vacation to Sunny South Florida.
My trip was so action packed I feel like I need another vacation from my vacation.


After arriving in Boca my cousin Matt and I hightailed it to South Beach in Miami. We went to see the Miami Heat get their ass handed to them by Toronto, ate great food and crashed. The next morning I spent about a half hour on the beach and then flew to Key West for the day.





Key West is pretty cool. It claims to be the Southernmost point in the continental United States and everyone there seems to be pretty easy going.


Ernest Hemingway lived in Key West for a while and every bar; restaurant and t-shirt shop claims he frequented their business.

At Sloppy Joes, a Hemmingway hot spot, we drank Papa Dobles in honor of Papa Hemmingway


And ate Sloppy Joe’s Sloppy Fries honor of gluttony.


We left Joe’s to explore the town and take in the sights. Saw a bunch of chickens on the street.


Then we went to the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum to see how he lived while in Key West and his six-toed or polydactyl cats. The cats were pretty cool.


After Hemmingway House we went to Mallory Square to watch the Sunset.
The place was jammed with visitors and street performers. The performers were awesome. This guy was juggling fire and machetes while standing on his brother’s head... Unbelievable!

And of course… the Sunset.


When I got back to Boca my Uncle and I went to a cool Packard car museum in Ft. Lauderdale. The Ft. Lauderdale Antique Car Museum is the largest collection of Packard cars and memorabilia in the United States.


But the real reason I went to Florida was not to “rock out” in South Beach and the Keys but to meet my new second cousins, Eva and Ryan.


With mom and dad.


With their Nana.


And with their Great Aunt.

5 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

nice. it looks like you're dropping a deuce on the Key West marker.

Don Dailey said...

where's the audio slide show, yo?

Melissa said...

I miss Florida sunsets... sigh.

Glad to see you had a great time!

Robbie Hammer said...

Good stuff, now get back to wrok.

Neemah said...

Looks like you had a great trip. The light and colors look delicious!